Monday 18 August 2008

My first post... Jimi Hendrix


I couldn't think of a subject more dear to me for my first post. The music of Jimi Hendrix means everything to me, I was exposed to Jimi's unique sound as a young lad of four or five years old. I didn't know what I was listening to, I just knew it was edgy and unlike anything else I had ever heard. Since those early days I have listened to Hendrix almost every day, I never get tired of hearing Jimi's distinctive guitar sound and raw, soulful vocals.



A lot of people think that Jimi was just another flashy guitar player, wrong, he was the original flashy guitar player. The man pushed guitar playing into the stratospheres, people are still trying to figure out how to play like him now. He also had a great ear for melody and was always in search of writing the perfect pop song, in many ways he succeeded. Just check out 'little wing' to hear his pop sensibilities shining.

Many people have written far more eloquently about Hendrix than I ever will be able to. I don't feel that I need to say any more. His music means more to me anything else I will ever listen to, whatever phase I am in my life I will always come back to the music of Jimi Hendrix.

Just ask the axis (he knows everything).

Tommy Gunns

No comments: