Wednesday 20 August 2008

I love dogs but...

I love dogs but I have never had one, but that has never bothered me as it has only been in the last few years that I've truly wanted a doggy of my own.
My grand plan was to move into my new house with my dog adoring girlfriend and get a little pup that we can raise as our own. We were thinking of getting a small dog, as our house is not huge.
My missus loves pugs and I will admit at first I thought they were dammm ugly but once I had got used to their snubby little faces I warmed to the idea.
this video helped
http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=GICSPdLK_5E

I was all geared up and ready to by my first dog until I saw this program yesterday on BBC 1 which made me really think

http://www.bbc.co.uk/iplayer/episode/b00d4ljk

I deep down knew dogs were inbred but I didn't think to what extent, not ever having a dog before I never really took into account what goes on to get the dogs looking a certain way. I don't want to make my opinion based on one documentary I cant help doing so when you look at how a pug has been mutated through out history. I found it all sickening.

I think my trip will be to the rescue centre rather than a pedigree breeder when I get my own mans best friend

Hurude

No comments: